A restaurant chef has ended up in hospital after a turtle bit his foot to escape the cooking pot in a Hong Kong restaurant — but it will still be cooked this week, according to a news report.
The 60-centimetre wattle-necked, soft-shelled turtle sank its teeth into the chef's foot, during a dash for freedom as it was about to be put in boiling water on Monday, the South China Morning Post reported on Tuesday.
The chef was taken to hospital with a suspected broken toe, while the turtle - a delicacy worth hundreds of dollars - was put back in a cage, having successfully won a temporary reprieve.
(Via The Wife. German language report here.)