Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Just for the record ...

... I have always found Russell Brand a totally negligible dimwit (What do you expect? He's an Essex boy).

And that goes for Jonathan Ross, too. The negligible dimwittedness, I mean. Otherwise he's from Camden (I didn't know people lived there).

But at least now I know not only that Andrew Sachs originated from Germany, but also that we share a birthday (albeit several decades apart).

Oh, and my brother is called Manuel.

And: I, too, learn English from a book.



[UPDATE] For a rather linguistic take on this matter, see Francis.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

And here's Andrew being a perfect English gentleman about the whole sorry affair.
http://www.guardian.co.uk/media/video/2008/oct/29/andrew-sachs-jonathan-ross-russell-brand

Sachs shows effortlessly what it is to be connected with the best in people. I would far rather count him among people I could depend upon than either Brand or Ross.

https://obscenedesserts.blogspot.com/ said...

I literally just watched that video, with nearly the same thoughts in mind. What a charming man Sachs seems to be!

JCWood said...

I second (or, rather third) that.

Calm, differentiated, deliberative speech is so rare these days.