Wednesday, August 29, 2007

Thank you for the flowers and the book by Derrida...

[UPDATE:] The discussion of the Replacements continues here.

A good friend of ours introduced us to the music of The Weakerthans some time ago, for which I will always be grateful.

One of my favourite songs from the Winnipeg-based band is 'Our Retired Explorer (Dines with Michel Foucault in Paris, 1961)'. It also, it turns out, has an excellent video.



I like the way the Weakerthans mix catchy music, clever lyrics and sly humour, and I've been trying to think of who they remind of. I've settled on a cross between The Dead Milkmen and The Replacements.

Which gives me an excuse to present the former's 'Punk Rock Girl' (the opening chords of which are enough to transport me mentally back to highschool) and a live (and, typically, rather far from sober) performance by the 'Mats from 1986.



1 comment:

Term papers said...

I really like your article, it is simple and precise, I will implement this to my new website Articles Idea. This is a great resource video