Friday, October 16, 2009

'An awesome universe of pure blockheaded spite'

As Charlie puts it:

It's like gazing through a horrid little window into an awesome universe of pure blockheaded spite. Spiralling galaxies of ignorance roll majestically against a backdrop of what looks like dark prejudice, dotted hither and thither with winking stars of snide innuendo.
Indeed.

Although, one might say it's just like any other day at the Daily Mail, which is kind of like the Two Minutes' Hate, only in handy, portable tabloid form.

But today it seems to have struck an unusually vibrant chord.

Excellent.

[UPDATE] I see now that about ten minutes before me, Geoff got there to make the same point. It's nice to be on the same wavelength with someone as sane as Geoff, let me tell you.

2 comments:

https://obscenedesserts.blogspot.com/ said...

For some reason, I've been feeling right cheerful ever since reading Charlie Brooker's comment and skimming the vox pop.

Does that mean, though, we need the Dangly Tail to feel elated? I don't like that kind of dialectic.

JCWood said...

It is troublesome, I'll grant.

Still working on a way out of this dilemma...