Tuesday, September 08, 2009

What do women want?

This is a question that has baffled generations. It occurred to me while reading an article on European women who apparently fall in love with -- and sometimes marry -- American death row inmates. (Via Andrew.)

A German woman who runs a guest house near death row in Texas put it this way:

"I think violence is very interesting," she said. "Most normal men are boring, but if you are in a relationship with a violent man, you have something to tell others and ... you are interesting, too."


Ah, 'interesting'.

Maybe that's what makes Chris Brown so 'interesting', at least to the tabloid press. I mean, he never killed anyone so far as I know, but he seems to have beaten up his girlfriend pretty good.

But now he wants to make that up. Sort of.

I want to understand my feelings. I want to find out what really transpired as far as me that night.


Momentary pause: 'What transpired as far as me'... What kind of English is this, exactly? OK, onward; it gets better:

If I do [have a problem], I will work with my counselor and hopefully channel my anger into something like dancing.


Talk about restorative justice! I'm sure some fancy footwork will make your victim feel much better.

On the other hand, there's a woman who runs a guest house in Texas who may find you...um...'interesting'.

Jerk.

(Thanks to The Wife for sending me this.)

No comments: